1. What do you charge for your fee?
We don’t charge a fee in your injury case unless we win. Our first consultation is free and we do not get paid unless we recover for you in your injury case. This guarantees that we will work quickly, do our job thoroughly and fight for the justice you deserve.
2. Do you work with other law firms?
Yes, a significant number of our clients are referred to us from attorneys who trust us to work with their clients.
3. What if it is too difficult for me to come to your office for a consultation?
If you are more comfortable with an attorney coming to you we are happy to do that. In your home or at the hospital, we will accommodate your schedule and location preference.
4. How do I know if I will be eligible to receive compensation for my injury?
Although this is best answered on a case-by-case basis, you have the legal right to pursue a personal injury claim if another party caused your injury through their wrongful actions. It is important to discuss your case with one of our attorneys, as there are many factors that determine what compensation you can recover.
5. Will having a personal injury lawyer help me?
Yes. Not only do our lawyers have a wealth of legal knowledge that is pertinent to your case, but they also possess a vast amount of experience handling personal injury cases that will benefit you. Although the law does not require you to hire an attorney, an experienced lawyer will often be able to settle your case for you more efficiently and with a greater award than if you took on your case alone. And if your case goes to trial, we will be with you every step of the way. Insurance and personal injury laws are complex and an attorney’s expertise can prove to be invaluable when interpreting these laws as well as your legal rights.
6. Will there be anyone besides a lawyer working on my case?
Unlike other firms, you will always work directly with an attorney. While you work one-on-one with your attorney, he or she will utilize staff expertise or outside experts in any way that may benefit your case.
7. Will I have to go to court to obtain compensation?
No, not necessarily. With the support of one of our attorneys, you stand a good chance of settling your claim without ever having to set foot in court. However, you and your attorney will work together to determine the best course of action and how you are most likely to obtain the maximum amount of compensation.
8. What is your experience in this field of law?
For 40 years, the trial attorneys of Clifford & Raihala have been winning verdicts and settlements for people injured in car, bicycle and motorcycle accidents, as well as in the workplace. The lawyers of Clifford & Raihala are skilled, experienced litigators whose knowledge of the law and commitment to fighting for their clients consistently win results for clients and their families. When you retain our legal services you not only retain our exemplary reputation, you also retain our expertise in acting on your behalf when negotiating with insurance companies. We deal with insurance companies on a daily basis and speak their language.
- Highest National Law Firm Rating
- Wisconsin Trial Lawyer of the Year (Keith Clifford)
- National Board Certified Trial Specialist (Keith Clifford)
- Past President – WI Association for Justice
- Rated Among Madison’s Top Personal Injury Attorneys
- Licensed to Practice Law in Illinois (John Raihala)
- Wisconsin Association For Justice, Members of the Board of Directors
(Keith Clifford and Terrence Polich)
9. What are my alternatives in resolving my case?
As a general rule, most personal injury cases will be resolved before going to trial by settlement through negotiation or mediation. But our attorneys will not advise settlement if going to trial would likely achieve a greater award for you.
10. What will happen at my first consultation?
Your initial consultation will be with an attorney, not a staff person. We will ask you some questions in order to best understand your case. We will provide you an initial assessment of our ability to handle your case. We are happy to discuss real life examples of the results we have provided clients if you’d like to know about our expertise and track record. If you retain us, we will take the burden of all legal and insurance issues from your case off your shoulders.
11. Are you willing and able to take my case to trial if necessary?
Yes. From cases involving auto collisions to complex claims involving catastrophic injuries or death from acts of negligence, we have represented people in a wide array of cases. Our lawyers are experienced trial lawyers with many years of courtroom experience. We pride ourselves on maximizing results for our clients to ensure that they receive the highest level of compensation possible when they are injured by the negligence of a third party.
12. How will you keep me informed of the progress of my case?
We pride ourselves on open and direct communication. You tell us the best way to communicate with you and that’s what we will do. We have an attorney on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions because we know accidents don’t happen only Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m..
13. How are personal injury damages typically determined?
Damages are determined by a number of factors including:
- Physical and mental pain and loss of enjoyment of life
- Economic hardship or financial loss
- Impairment of future earning capacity
- Physical impairment and/or disfigurement